If you are wondering, where on earth the happiest people reside and what is the best country to live in, work and retire, here is something for you, in the same context. In this post, you will find a very detailed list of best countries to live in 2015.
Every year, Lifestyle9 Team releases “The best country to live in” ratings. This year, we have taken it to the next level. After conducting numerous surveys and research from many countries, we have come up with the new “Lifestyle9 Score” based on ten different factors.
A country’s robust economy doesn’t mean that its people are living a joyful and a satisfied life. To determine life’s real prosperity and happiness, ten factors have been taken into account by us. These include:
It is well-known that climate and weather can have a major impact on human lives. Climate can be best defined as the average weather condition experienced by humans in a particular place for a long interval of time. Weather and climate specify different factors, but they are related. Extreme hot weather will make you stay at home, whereas extreme cold weather compels for various layers of clothes to be worn over your body.
2. Safety Index
This aspect concerns the crime rate and safety index in a country. The experiences of tourists, as well as international agencies’ data, have been taken into account to determine it.
Personal security of an individual and feeling vulnerable in case of adverse circumstances in any country have been taken into consideration for this variable. The data covers all risks, right from physical assault to every crime. The after-effects may be numerous such as physical and emotional pain with stress, anxiety and loss of property as well as life.
3. Percentage of people aged 15 to 64 that are employed
The labor force is essential to a country’s economy and in this section, the number of population above 15 years of age suitable for work during a specified period, has been included.
4. Environmental Performance Index
The rankings of EPI are based on the performance of countries on environmental issues in two broad areas – preservation of ecosystems and protection of health (human) from any environmental harm or destruction.
5. Life Expectancy
Usually, life expectancy in a country is calculated by the average number of years an individual might live, assuming that the mortality rates in each age should remain constant in the future.
The Corruption Index was first launched in 1995, and since that time, it has served as a forefront for determining/measuring the levels of corruption in the public sector companies of every country. The index values are, in fact, harsh realities of people living in those countries and are the combined view and data of business people, analysts around the world.
7. Education Index
The Education Index is determined from the “Mean years of schooling index” and the “Expected years of schooling index.”
8. Per Capita Income
It can be best defined as “evaluating the wealth of the population of a country/nation” in comparison with other nations/countries. It is most commonly used to determine a specific country’s living standard. It is expressed in an international currency such as the United States or Eurodollar.
9. Human Development Index
As the name signifies, it is a combined data measurement of literacy, standards of living, life expectancy and quality of life in countries worldwide. Analysts, by using the data, can calculate – if a country is developed, developing or underdeveloped. It is used for evaluating the importance and benefit of various economic policies on the value or quality of life in a country.
10. Natural Safety Index
This parameter is given in the form of percentage values. The percentage usually denotes the country’s vulnerability to natural disasters around the world. The natural negative effects include floods, earthquakes, droughts, storms and sea level rises (tsunami). The range of values and their classification are as follows:
- 0.10 to 3.61 – Very low
- 3.63 to 5.68 – Low
- 5.69 to 7.43 – Medium
- 7.46 to 10.37 – High
- 10.46 to 36.43 – Very High
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty – Winston Churchill
Figures apart, each one of these countries has its own traits that can make anyone astonished. We tell you those facts along the way. Now, let’s start our journey in the reverse chronological order.
If you are interested in seeing the data which we used to manipulate the best countries list, skip to the page No 4. But we strongly suggest you to go through the facts about all these 20 countries. You won’t regret.
Top 30 Best Countries To Live In The World
To keep this post precise and interesting, here we have only given the name and score of each countries that made the list of top 30 best countries in the world. Take a look.
20. United States
Lifestyle9 score – 66.47
- It’s needless to say that United States is one of the countries which offers convenience to the core. This is the place where you can get anything, at any point of time.
- One of the best things that include United States in the best countries list is its, “Freedom Of Speech” which means they respect each others rights to voice their opinion. You can criticize even the President, the Government, Politicians, Professionals or anyone.
- Just like Australians, even Americans are very warm-hearted. When it comes to disaster-scale events, nothing can stand before the strength of Americans’ unity.
- People of United States are remarkably creative.No other country in the world has as much expertise as Americans have in almost all fields.
- Racial diversity & The Great Cultural Mix are two other important factors that anyone can enjoy in the United States.
- When we talk about United States, it becomes inevitable to skip the entertainment industry, especially the movie industry.
- The Grand Canyon, as the name signifies, is a geological wonder situated in the desert of Arizona.
- Las Vegas in Nevada is popular for its gambling casinos and nightlife entertainment.
- The moment you hear the word “United States” you are reminded of the “Statue of Liberty” the sculpture in New York City. The statue, a female figure in robes, represents Libertas (Roman Goddess).