So where on earth the happiest people are living? What could be the best place to live, work, raise your children and retire? Go through the updated list of best countries to live in 2014 and get answer for all these questions. This list is prepared based on the recent “world happiness report” released by United Nations General Assembly. Having a strong economy doesn’t necessarily mean that all people are living a happy and a satisfied life. To determine life’s happiness, 6 variables are taken into account. These include
- GDP per capita
- Social support
- Freedom from corruption
- Life expectancy
- Freedom of making choices
Happiness is the key in deciding the best countries. Why? Read the quotes given by the author of the world happiness report
People who are emotionally happier, who have more satisfying lives, and who live in happier communities, are more likely both now and later to be healthy, productive, and socially connected. These benefits in turn flow more broadly to their families, workplaces, and communities, to the advantage of all.
It clearly states when people of the nation are happy, other factors will automatically fall in its support. On a scale that runs from 0 to 10, even the happiest nations that topped the list of best countries could not attain 10/10. However, they have managed to hit the list with 7s. While measuring a country’s happiness, list of best ones have been changed abruptly with some ups and downs every month. You can see the obvious change by comparing our best countries list in 2013 and 2014. When i tried analyzing the reason behind this dramatic change — it was something beyond this article’s scope. Rather than diverting the topic, i would better move on with our best countries listing.
When the world happiness report was released for the first time in 2012, it drew an international attention and now it’s time to go through the new one. If you are interested in reading the entire report submitted to United Nations General Assembly, you can download it by Clicking here.
Now let’s start our journey in the reverse chronological order… We do value your suggestions. If you are a resident of a country which exists in our list, we invite you to share your comments with us and our other readers as well. And I am sure none other than you will know your country better. Following countries are identified as the top 10 best countries to live in with high level of happiness.
No 10. Australia
Topped the list in the past year at no 3
Happiness Score – 7.350
- Regardless of where they live, Australians are so good in lending their hands whenever needed. This special characteristic of Australians made this country to hit the list of best countries to live in the world.
- Per capita GDP, longer life expectancy and improved level of education are factors that lifts up Australia to this position.
- Even though Australia is a home town to many deadly animals like snakes and sharks, it is even a home to not-seen-anywhere and the most interesting animals like Australian dingo and Wombat. If not in Australia, where else can you see these rare animals? Experience the beauty of kangaroos hopping on the go.
- Australia is blessed with uncountable nature gifts like Great Barrier Reef, the pinnacles, Fraser Island and so on. There wouldn’t be a bigger thing in this world than experiencing those jaw dropping views once in your lifetime.