Getting a girlfriend is not the easiest task in the world, especially in a school environment as you’re under constant pressure and scrutiny from your peers to get a girlfriend. Despite what others may tell you, you don’t NEED a girlfriend, especially at such a young age. However, if there is a girl that you like and you genuinely want to be with her, here are a few things you can do. But you must understand you cannot force a girl to like you and to become your girlfriend, and there are definitely no proven “tactics” to getting a girl to like you, many men are still trying to figure women out, let alone young boys!
How To Get A Girlfriend In Middle School
So, if there is a girl that has caught your attention but you’re not quite sure how to let her know, here are a few tips for you to follow:
- Be Confident, Not cocky. Most girls want to feel like the man is in control and confident, this is because every girl wants to feel safe and protected. If you’re nervous, chances are that the girl will lose interest. But at the same time, don’t be cocky, nothing is worse than a cocky self-absorbed guy, so find the balance!
- Take care of yourself. Nothing turns a girl off more than a guy’s appearance, and his hygiene. So dress well, shower regularly and always have good breath. Looks and hygiene are so important because it’s a girl’s first impression of you, especially if this is a first time meeting. Dressing well can be difficult while you’re in school if you are made to wear a uniform, but even then you still need to make the effort. If you see the girl you like outside of school, make the effort to dress well.
- Don’t have the intention of making her your girlfriend before even speaking to her, make her your friend before anything else. Many would argue that this puts you in the “friend zone” .Though this is true in some cases, that isn’t a bad outcome as you gain experience with talking to girls, and you can find out information about what girls like. However, if you try to make friends with her beforehand chances are this will put you in a better position as the girl knows you care enough to be her friend first and she will trust you and feel safe around you.
- Listen to her, let her do the talking. This comes with not being too cocky! Many guys make the mistake of talking about themselves too much or too big themselves up too much. This can just bore a girl, so let her do the talking and make sure you listen because nothing is more un-attractive to a girl than a guy who is completely disinterested in her and doesn’t want to listen to what she has to say.
- Compliment her. Girls love to be complimented and to feel good about themselves. So one compliment can go a long way. It will make her feel like you notice her and she is appreciated. But you must mean it; if the compliment isn’t genuine it means nothing! And more than likely, she will pick up if it’s genuine or not.
- But don’t be too clingy or “try to hard”. Many guys have their heart in the right place by trying to compliment her and make her feel happy, but sometimes they over-do it. Don’t tell her you love her every five seconds because although it’s romantic, girls can find that very annoying. Make her feel like when she gets your attention and compliments, it’s a special moment, because if you constantly compliment her, it can lose romantic value.
- Be honest. Girls love honesty. If you’re not honest with the girl you like, there is no point in trying to be in a relationship with her, relationships are based on honesty and if you can’t do that, then you’re not ready for a relationship. First ask yourself whether you are really ready to get a girlfriend in middle school.
- Only be with her if it’s what you want. Don’t let others force you into getting a girlfriend. But most importantly don’t ever do it for a laugh, its sounds absurd I know, but it happens a lot. Boys ask out girls for the “banter” with friends, and nothing makes a girl feel worse, especially if she genuinely likes you herself.
- Be romantic and spontaneous. Bring her flowers or chocolate, or surprise her in school putting a lot of effort into letting her know that you care about her. There are many ways that you can do this. One of which is a public display of affection such as singing a song to her or making a performance that grabs everyone’s attention, including hers. But you need to find out if this is something she would be ok with, ask her friends for example, never do this without consulting them first because she could be the type of girl who hates all attention on her and this will immediately make her want to reject you. Another way is to be very simple and subtle about the whole thing and just go out of your way to make her smile and to let her know that you care and that you’re interested, this can be done simply by a compliment or a gift.
- Just go for it. The only way you will ever get a girlfriend is if you just ask, the worst that could happen is rejection, but that’s only a sign that either she isn’t right for you or this isn’t the right time for you to be getting a girlfriend, nevertheless you can always try again. But you will never know until you try. Asking a girl out is best done face to face, this is because, like all interactions, the other person needs to see how genuine you are. And it shows you have the confidence and courage to ask out the girl you like, which are two very alluring qualities in a guy, which many girls find irresistible. Rather than the usual ways take up the route of going creative when asking a girl out. It will double the chance getting “YES”. You can check out our dedicated post on 10 incredible cute ways to ask a girl out.
At this young age, it’s really hard to feel the difference between “JUST CRUSH and a REAL LOVE”. It’s the reason why high school romances rarely work. By keeping this in mind, re analyse your decision of falling in love. If you think you really like her and it’s a definite love, try working out the tips you just learned for “how to get a girlfriend in middle school”.