Whenever you encounter No audio output device is Installed error, it means your operating system is unable to detect the drivers installed on your system. In such cases there are only 3 things that could have gone wrong.
1) Faulty drivers (95% possibility)
2)Faulty Windows (4% possibility)
3)Faulty Hardware (Mother board or sound jack) (1%)
To find out which one of the above is causing the problem, you will need to utilize the windows troubleshooter. Initiate the trouble shooter and follow the onscreen instructions. It will try to fix the problem but normally it would end up with the message “troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem“. don’t give up.We can identify the culprit and fix the problem by using the following methods.
No audio Output Device Is Installed – Solutions
Method 1 : Run The “Sound Drivers Test”
As I told you before, nearly 95% of audio output problems are caused due to the corrupted device drivers. Fixing this issue is quite simple too. Follow these simple steps and get it fixed.
- Open device manager. You can do it by typing “mscv” in run dialogue box
- Navigate to the group “ Sound, Video And Game Controller” and expand the “+” sign
- There you will see the list of audio drivers installed on your laptop or computer (Typically, High definition audio device or Realtek high definition audio).
- Check the state of your audio driver . Anyone of the below states is possible.
1)Drivers are enabled
2)Drivers are disabled
3)Drivers are listed and have yellow sign on it
4)Drivers are not not listed
5)Drivers are listed as unidentified devices
If Drivers are listed and still sound is not working on computer
- Open run (Windows key +R) and type “services.msc”.
- Scroll down the appearing window until you find the item named “Windows audio”. Check out its “startup type and status”. Its status should be “started” and Type should be given as “Automatic”.
- If you see any discrepancies, select the windows audio entry and right click on it.
- Select properties and change the startup and status as required.
If Drivers are Disabled
Select the driver, right click on it and choose enable. Once you enable the audio drivers this way, your sound should come to the working position.
If Drivers Have Yellow Sign On It
When drivers are listed with yellow sign, it means your audio drivers are corrupted. So reinstalling the audio drivers will fix the issue of no audio devices are installed. In order to do the re installation, you need to uninstall the already corrupted drivers.
If you are not able to spot the correct driver for your computer or laptop manually, you can utilize the free driver finder programs. It will ease your task.
Choose the driver you want to reinstall and right click on it.
- From the appearing menu, click uninstall or remove or whatever that is shown on your system.
- Now go to your manufacturer website, download the latest audio driver and install it on your system.
If Drivers are not listed or shown as unidentified
If your drivers are not listed on the device manager or shown as unidentified drivers, chances are your drivers may got uninstalled because of virus or malware programs. In such cases, installing the latest version of your audio drivers will fix this issue.
Method 2 : Windows Got Corrupted
If nothing above works then chances are, your windows got corrupted
In such cases any one of the following solutions will help fix this issue.
Method 3 : Hardware Faults
Only a minimal amount of “No audio devices are installed” issue is caused due to the faulty hardware. Anyhow, if you tried all the available options and nothing seem to work, its 100% due to the faulty hardware. Fixing it needs a professional treatment. Unless otherwise you have strong knowledge in working with hardware parts, I won’t suggest you to fix it on your own. If you do, you may accidentally corrupt other circuits in motherboard or other hardware devices. Needless to say, it will incur some extra charges. To avoid these complications use anyone of the following options.
Options To Fix Faulty Hardware
1) Hire a hardware Engineer
2)Get a USB sound card
By using the steps above, you can fix the most of the problems associated with the error code, no audio output device is installed. Try these methods and let us know which one worked for your unique situation.
Incoming searches : no audio devices are installed, no sound on my computer, sound not working on computer, my computer has no sound.