Our clothes are basic necessity for us to live and survive. They protect us from extreme hot or cold. Together with food and shelter, they are the things that we cannot live without. However, as time passes by, this necessity has been a trend for everyone.
When it comes to fashion, nothing is old or new. People have different tastes. There are people who love dresses while others like pants and blouses. However, most prefer t-shirts. Every people have different preferences when it comes to the clothes they wear.
Best 10 Cute Ways To Cut A Shirt
T-shirts are the all time favorite of anyone because they are very comfortable to wear. You can wear t-shirt when you are strolling at the mall, buying groceries, eating at a fast-food chain etc… However, the often we use our shirt, the more it looks older and plain. This is why people think of some ways as to how a plain-looking shirt can be turned into a stylish one. Below are the cute ways to cut a shirt into something unimaginable.
1. Cut The Sleeves
This is one of the cute ways to cut a shirt. In fact, it is the easiest and obvious adjustment you can do by removing the sleeves. Below are couples of choices that you try to do.
- Cut the sleeves of your shirt at an angle. After that, left a couple of inches of cloth on top located outside of the seam of the sleeve. This way, the edges of the part where you cut a cloth will curl up and will make you look very sweet by wearing it.
- If you want your arms to look sexy and intimidating, cut the sleeves of your shirt just right on the outside part of the seam. However, the cloth will not curl instead it will fray.
- Slash the sleeves of your shirt well into the t-shirt side of the ridge. Do not feel scared in making this incise massive because you can just put on a tank top or bandeau under your shirt and look sexy.
2. Modified Necklines
- The simplest alteration we can do on neck lines is scoop neck. Just cut the collar part off your shirt and make the front part lower compared to the back. However, if you want to have a perfect cut, you can use another shirt’s neckline as guide by placing it inside the shirt that you are going to cut.
- Flashdance style collar – this neckline style looks the best when the front part of the shirt matches its back. When doing this style, you can just put down your shirt flat and cut the both sides of cloth at once. But before that, make sure that you have sharp scissors. This cut should start from one shoulder end horizontally towards the other shoulder point.
- Slashing a v-neck that is deeper in the front as well as in the back is the same to Flashdance collar but this cut does not have a flirty off-shoulder style.
3. Racer-back Style
This style suits best on tight-fitting shirts. If you have a tank top or racer-back bra, put it under the shirt (that you want to alter) and use it as a guide.
- Using a pencil or a tailor’s chalk, mark the girth of the shoulder that is new on the top of one shoulder. Then, on the shoulder blade of the shirt, put a mark on how far you want the sleeve to go towards the middle of the back of the shirt. You can create an original line but if you want, you can use the racer-back bra as a guide. And the slash lines will be different for the back and the front of the shirt.
- From the ridge of the shoulder to the armhole, sketch a cavernous scoop on the back of the shirt following the pattern from the previous direction. Take off the shirt and slash a new armhole following the pattern that you have drawn earlier. But make sure that you have to slash the front cloth separately from the back cloth. Use the same process to cut the other armhole. And keep in mind that more cloth will be cut on the back of the shirt than the front.
4. Halter Top
Next on the list of cute ways to cut a shirt is none other than to get rid of the sleeves and slash the collar in the option c style that was mentioned above. Remember that you will still need some of the cloth left to be in one piece for the tying purposes. And at the back of the shirt, slash off the half of it.
Then, slash down the side ridges and the across the center of the back, then vertically, cut the cloth left in half to make ties. As a result, this style will give you two pieces of cloth that comes from both of the shoulders that can be attached around at your neck’s back.
5. Fish Gills
Put the shirt flat at the table and starting from 2 inches below the armpit, slash small slits on both sides of the shirt and stop around at the ribcage. You can also use a device with a straight edge to make sure that the cuts on both sides are even.
6. Party Vents
This style is applicable to shirts that are fitting on the bust area but gets loose on the tummy part. To make this Party Vent style, just cut the cloth straight up the side ridges up to the bottom of your ribcage. And voila! This shirt is already ready to wear.
7. Classic Sleeveless Style Tank Tee
Right below the seam, slash the neck out. But remember that do not slash the neckline so low because it opens up on the neck part more than you imagine. Cut up starting from the right armpit area to the shoulder making a shape of a smiley face.
8. Open Side Muscle Tee
Cut the shirt in an upward direction at a very small angle from the base hem of the shirt for about 6 inches. At the shoulder, remember to make sure to leave an extensive “muscle tee” girth of the shirt.
9. Bare Sides
This style of shirt cut is great in attracting steampunks. This is a fun style to do and easier too. Just cut the sleeves of your shirt then, keep on slashing until you have reached the hem of your shirt. After that, tie the base corners so that they fit on your hips. You can wear this over a tank top, bandeau or bikini.
10. Stripe Cuts
Using a tailor’s chalk or pencil, draw slightly on the shirt areas where you want to cut. These cuts can be vertical, horizontal or diagonal. After that, cut the shirt smoothly following the drawing you have made earlier.
Once you already cut the drawings you made, stretch your shirt out. This way, it will make the edges of the areas where has been cut to roll in and looked cleaner. You can either leave the roll in style or weave them to be more stylish.
If you have other cute ways to cut a shirt, which you think we missed putting down here, feel free to write them at the comments section.