No matter, whether you are simply lying on the couch watching TV at your home or camping out in the wilderness, you are not that far away from the spiders. They can turn anything your store room, shoes, wardrobes as their home.
These 8 legged nightmares are feared not only for its creepiness but for their aggressiveness and the ability of claiming our lives too. There are more than 40,000 different species of spiders are found worldwide. So it’s really hard to figure out which are poisonous and which are not.
Depending on how aggressive the spider’s bite is and how effectively your immune system works it may cause a mild pain, nausea, some times death.
Some of the world’s most poisonous spiders do not hesitate to fire aggressive attacks even to a little provocation. But luckily most of the spiders willingly remain calm and harmless until they are cornered.
According to the recent researchers 60/3000 spider species are found to be harmful.
Though there are hundreds of poisonous spiders exist in the world, here i have included only top 10 deadliest spiders in the world. Watch out, if you are at the place where these spiders are common. If you get bitten by them, consult your doctor as fast as you can so that you can avoid the serious consequences.
Other spider species which are not belong to the dangerous category will not lead to death. They will only cause little sickness, headache, redness or nausea.
Now let’s take a look at some of the most poisonous spiders in the world.
Length : 17 cm
Location: Southern part of America like Columbia, Peru, Brazil, Bolivia, Paraguay, Venezuela, cost Rica and Argentina
- Brazilian Wandering Spiders are more toxic than the other species. These are more aggressive, fiercely attack and bites humans several times. Guinness world records has listed Brazilian Wandering Spider as the most poisonous spider in the world.
- They wander the floor at night rather maintaining a web or residing in a lair. During the day time, they will hide under the fallen logs, termite mounds, under the rocks and even in a banana plant. Hence they receive the name banana spider.
- These spiders are not so friendly. They stand and fight with their rear legs when approached.
- As its venom contains neurotoxin, it will pose difficulty in breathing and within few seconds it will lead to death.
- At lower concentrations its poisonous venom can induce “priapism” in men.
2. Brown Recluse Spider
Length : 6 to 20 mm
Locations: Illinois, Nebraska, Texas, IowaIndiana, Georgia and Kentucky
- This creepy looking 8 legged species is known as “synanthrophic” which means it has a very close relationship with humans. This spider is considered as the most poisonous spider in the world. These are found in America.
- This spider can usually grow between 6-20 mm long and are capable of changing their body color to medium brown, cream colored brown or even blackish gray.
- Brown recluse spiders are usually shy and like human. Because we are the one who attracts food with our artificial lights for these spiders. Normally this spider wouldn’t bite unless otherwise it is provoked.
- Because of their color changing ability, they can be seen in dark brown, yellow or greenish yellow.
- You can see the violin like marking on its (cephalothorax) upper part of the body with the head p of violin pointing towards the spider’s head. Remember the abdomen and the cephalothorax parts do not necessarily need to be in the same color. For this reason this spider has received the nick name of violin spider.
- They usually like to hide in the places of dark and if you bitten by this spider which results in vomiting, shivering, and fever along with the redness around the swelling and bite.
- If you are bitten by this spider, it causes the redness around the area where you are bitten. When it is left untreated the condition will get worse on every single day. Finally it will cause a skin ulcer too.
- In rare conditions it can cause kidney failures and coma.
- To avoid these consequences, it is strongly suggested to consult the medical practitioner immediately.
- Every five years once 1 fatality case of brown recluse spider occurs.
3.Black Widow Spider
Length : Female ( 4 cm) Male (1.25 cm)
Locations : Southern United States
- It is the most familiar and most poisonous spider in the world. Even if not personally, you could have heard it through songs and movies because of the female species strange habit of killing its mate right after the matting.
- Most of the black spiders are black in color and few are brown in color. They are mostly found in the parts of United States except Alaska because they tend to live in a hot climate.
- Female black spiders grow between 2-2.5 cm long. The adult female spider of the black widow species can be easily identified by bright red hourglass shaped chitin that is appeared on the underside. The immature female spider of the same spices lacks this characteristic.
- But, they are also highly venomous and identified by brown, red and the beige pattern that available at the dorsal side of the abdomen. Black widow spiders are otherwise referred as hourglass spider or shoe button spider.
- 5% of the black widow spider attacks are reported as fatal. Last year, more than 2000 black widow bites were reported at the United States. Around 800 people were treated at the hospitals. Most of them recovered within a day with the proper treatments.
4. Australian Funnel web spiders
Length: 1 cm to 5 cm
Location: South Australia, Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales
- Funnel web spiders are mostly available in many areas of Australia. Once they bite, it will pose difficulty in breathing and after 10-15 minutes it will leads to coma. These spiders are found in medium to large sizes. The length of the body ranges from 1 cm to 5 cm long.
- They are colored darkly from black to blue-black with hairless carapace, glossy covering the front portion of the body.
5. Mouse spiders
Length: 1 to 3 cm
Location: Australia and New Zealand
- This spider has received its name from having the small mice like appearance. It moves too quickly just as mouse.
- Male mouse spiders have orange or red color spotting near the eyes. You can find these spiders either in black or dark blue color. On top of its head you can see the light grey patch.
- These spiders are very aggressive and poisonous.
- Upon sensing the vibrations of prey they act quickly, lung to bite and catch it with their long tarantula like fangs.
- Mouse Spiders are poisonous and live in silk-lined burrows with trap doors, which they create at 20 to 55 cm deep.
- The symptoms of mouse spiders are as same as the funnel web spider. So the funnel web anti venom is offered to those who has bitten by mouse spiders.
- There are more than 13 species are available in the genus of this spider.
6. Red Back Spider
Length: Male (3-4 mm), Female (10 mm)
- It is one of the deadliest spiders in the world and many people in the world suffer from this spider nowadays.
- These spiders prefer to live in the dry places and it looks the same as black widow spider.
- Most of the bites are recorded by this spider during the season of summer
- Adult female spider can be recognized easily which has spherical black body with a red stripe on the abdomen’s upper side.
- These spiders are also called as red spot spider, red striped spider, jockey spider, kapara spider, kanna-jeri spider, and murra-ngura spider.
- Red Back Spider Bites result in weakness of muscles, nausea, sweating and pain.
7. Wolf Spiders
Length : 1 to 35mm
- Wolf spiders are not so dangerous. But, its bites will result in infection. Most of these spiders are brown or gray in color.
- There are more than 175 types of spiders available. Approximately, 125 of these spiders are in USA and 50 are in the part of Europe.
- They have eight eyes that are arranged in the three rows. Four small eyes are arranged at the bottom row, two large eyes are arranged at the middle row and the medium-sized two eyes are arranged at the top row.
- As a first aid, to treat the wolf spider bites ice cubes have to be applied on the bitten area.
8. Goliath Bird Eater Tarantula Spider
Length : 28 cm
Location : Northern South America, Northern Brazil and Southern Venezuela
- Goliath Bird eater Tarantula is one of the second largest spiders in the world and it is also the largest spider by its mass.
- These spiders are one among the terrestrial and most poisonous spiders in the world. These live in deep burrows and are commonly found in swampy areas and marshy areas
- Being one of the largest spiders it can cause fear and panic with its appearance. This spider is not very dangerous when compared to the all other spiders listed here.
- This spider bites results in a little swelling and pose a minor pain.
- Female spiders have the life span of 15-25 years and they mature in 3-6 years whereas the male spiders have the lifespan of only 3-6 years and they will die after their maturity period.
- The color of these spiders ranges from a dark brown to light brown with the faint markings on their legs. They are covered with hair on their legs, abdomen and body.
- Female spiders lay over 100-200 eggs and hatch into spider lings within the two months. These spiders are also known with the name Goliath bird eating spider.
9. Sac spider
Length: 5 to 10 mm
Location: US and Canada
- Sac spider is not very dangerous. But, this spider’s bite may results in some illness and irritation with the mark in the area where it bites.
- This spider has venom which will result in killing the cells. They have very confusing taxonomic nature. They have eight eyes that arranged in the rows of two
- They are usually found in the plant terminals, under the bark, under the rocks or between the leaves.
10. Hobo spiders
Length: 12 to 18 mm
Location: Northern America and Europe
- Hobo spiders are brown in color. They have lots of hair in their legs.
- Hobo spider bite can kill cells of tissues at the bitten place. These bite take more time to get heal completely.
- Bites induce a severe headache which does not respond to any medication.
- Hobo spider resembles the Australian funnel web spiders.
The Bottom Line
So what you think after reading the creepiest topic top 10 most poisonous spiders in the world? Feeling insecure? Dangerous insects like spiders exist everywhere. No matter which part of the country you live, if you secure your home with the best pest control maintenance services, you can secure your home from all deadliest insects. It’s good to be safe than feel sorry.